Autumn is Toasted

Sunday, September 21, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments




The time for harvest, hot cups of tea and toasting under a blanket during stormy nights is finally here! Autumn came to town today and so far it has brought us a show of thunder, crispy leaves and gave the sun a day off. I took this oppertunity to take out some of my long awaited autumn/winter candles and lit them, and put on my cozy slippers from shepherd. These are all staples most people are familiar with in their autumn routine. When it comes to makeup on the other hand, we all like to do it in different ways! Some like to go for the really bold berry lip the second the calendar changes to september, others like to wait until christmas day. I on the other hand enjoy keeping my autumn makeup more true to the autumn way of life. I like to harvest my beloved summer makeup look and use it for a few extra weeks. I see myself as a marshmallow, I am pale and I will be good just as I am. If I want to get to the next level however, I should be just a little bit toasted. So don't put down that bronzer just yet, honey!

Face
After I have applied moisturiser and all that, I put on some concealer. Today I went for a light coverage on just the red parts of my face using my Maybelline Instant anti-age Eraser eye concealer. Then I took Lóreal Lumi Magique concealer under my eyes and on the high points of my cheeks, to give them some light. After that I dusted on some translucent Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder on my face to set the concealer. To toast it up I used my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. Mine is in a special Too Faced - Sephora Palette which was released in combination of their 15 year collaboration anniversary.

Eyes
To give my brows some game I used the Sephora Eyebrow Editor, which is surprisingly good! Then I gave my eyelids a light wash of colour using my Marc Jacobs Lotita Palette. I used the white, matte shade all over my lids, then I put the light, matte brown colour in my crease and topped it off using the pink, shimmery shade on the center of my lids. For mascara I used the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara on my upper lashes! I really like this mascara. It gives a great lift to the lashes and is never found on my cheeks by the end of the day.

Lips
I am not very big on lipstick. I have a pretty small upper lip so whenever I wear lipstick it usually looks even smaller. So I prefer lip pencils, glosses and balms instead! Today I spiced my lips using the Sephora Nano Lips in 15 Royal Rose. I used it very carefully, just dabbed it a bit on my lips and then rubbed it with some lip balm. Just to tint my lips a bit.

That concludes my toasted autumn makeup look!
I hope you enjoyed.

0 kommentarer:

Powered by Blogger.