Goodbye old chaps

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments


























Yesterday I had to say goodbye to a couple of very good friends of mine. They are leaving our grey town for a more famous grey town. I know they are going to have an amazing time during their year away and Iwill miss them a great deal. I plan to visit them in November or so! However they don't know that yet. Sometimes saying goodbye is easy. Like when you didn't like the thing too much to begin with, and sometimes it's really hard. Here are some recent beauty empties I've had to say goodbye to. Some were easier to say goodbye to than others...

Body and hair
LUSH I love Juicy . First up is my favourite shampoo,  It's a clarifying shampoo and removes excess oils and product build up from your hair. It's a great product and it smells of papaya, kiwi, pineapple and mango. A fruit cocktail for your hair? How could anyone possibly say no!
Caudalíe Zeste de Vigne shower gel. Caudalíe is all about sensitive skin and this showergel is not an exception. It's soap free and has no parabens or SLS in it AND it's free from animalistic products. The scent is best describes as "luxorious citrus" and it reminds me of my latest trip to Paris. This is the perfect shower gel for when you want to use something fresh that does not remind you of toilet cleaner... I'll make sure to repurchase it on my next visit to France!
Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash. You all know this one. I don't think anyone in the beauty world has been able to miss this one. It smells like a sweet lime summer drink. I personally think this can be a bit too much on the scent department. The scent is really sweet and heavy and limey at the same time and I want to be able to choose between those scents, not have them at the same time.
Soap and Glory Pulp Friction Body Scrub. This is my favourite scrub ever! It's in a tube so you don't have to get messy with lids on the shower floor or water in your scrub tub. It's really thick but light at the same time. It's not too gritty, almost on the verge of being a body polish to be honest and the scent is divine! It goes with pretty much any showergel (scent wise) so you always find yourself reaching for it. I already have an unused tube waiting for me in my stockpile...


Skincare
Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré. This used to be my night cream for over five months! Those 75 ml really lasted for ages, and I used it down to the very last drop. I have dry skin, with the occasional oil patch around my nostrils and this worked perfectly on me! The night cream I am using at the moment does the job but every night I dream about Embryolisse... Must repurchase this soon or me and my skin will go mad!
Gamarde Hydratation Active Fluide Léger. Oh day cream, my day cream. This is the best day cream I have ever used, It's really light on the skin but hydrates it like a dream. It's for normal to combination skin, which works well for me during the day. It's not greasy in any way so it sits perfectly under makeup with out it sliding down my face. I miss this cream so much (I may or may not just have forced out the very last drops of it and put it on my face)(twice)!
Bioderma Sensibio H2O. This cult classic has a place in every makeup junkies heart. I used it. It ended. I took out another 500 ml bottle from my stock pile to relace it. The end.

Makeup
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara. I got this one last christmas in Estée Lauders christmas box. It did it's job but was nothing special to be honest. It was supposed to give great volume but it just sat on your lashes and didn't do much. A very lazy mascara!
L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara. Again, nothing special! You had to open it and then leave it for a few weeks before you could use it properly. It did a much better job then but the flexible wand really put me off.
Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara. An absolutley horrible mascara. The fomula was wet and gloopy at the same time, the brush made all my lashes clump up to one big glob and it was really difficult to apply. I did not like this product one bit. It's actually still half full.


















Sorry for being such a Debbie downer at the end, but no one likes a bad mascara. Especially not three in a row...

I hope you enjoyed!

0 kommentarer:

Powered by Blogger.