Skinny dipping

Monday, September 29, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments


The white headband at the bottom is from The Body Shop.
My skincare regime is not perfect, let's just open with that statement. I have yet to find the perfect matches for my exact skin needs, but these products are doing the job for now. Some of them are really incredible, all of them are good products. I just feel like I need to explore the skincare department a bit more. I have dry skin, with the occasional oily patches around my T-zone. It's pretty sensitive so I like to use gentle products on it. I usually get some pesky blemishes when I am on my period, but not otherwise. I have some weird bumps (feels like sand) on my chin. Those are my worst enemies. I have had them for several years now and nothing has helped getting rid of them even the slightest. If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and has a cure, do let me know. In this post we are focusing on my skincare regimes in general, not specifically night or day. 
On to the products we go! 

First off, cleanser. I use the Caudalíe Gentle Cleansing Milk. I use this to remove my makeup aswell as a cleanser. I first use it to remove my makeup, rinse it off with water and then go back in for a second cleanse. After that I use Bioderma Céraline H2O Solution Micellaire to remove the last bits of makeup and the residue that is left from the cleanser. A few times a week I scrub my face with the Gamarde Commage Douceur Soft Exfoliator. It's a very gentle exfoliator but it's super effective. How I like to use it is to put it on my dry face and just dry scrub with it. It picks up all of the dirt on your face and rolls up into small little bundles of disgusting impurities. They actually turn grey. How cool is that?
Now is the time for either a mask, massage or serum!

If I decide to rock the mask way, I have two choices. If I have a lot of impurities or my skin feels congested, I use Beauté Pacifique Masque Matité. This is a deep pore cleansing mask and it feels great on the skin. I do switch this up with the Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask which I keep in the freezer for extra cooling effect. However my skin usually feels really dry and dull so I mostly reach for my Caudalié Moisturizing Cream-Mask. I have other masks like this one but this is just the best! For application you just put it on your face and wait 15 minutes, if there's any excess product left on your skin you can just remove it with a cotton pad (I have never had any excess left on my thirsy skin). It's for all skin types and it does not feel heavy or like it's going to break you out. It does the job perfectly. 

If massage is the way to go I like to use raw coconut oil. I have depotted some in an old Lush tub for beauty purposes only, the rest is kept in my fridge. The most important thing about face massageing is to have a slip to your face when you do it. You don't want to drag the skin, that will defeat the massages purpose. If you don't want to use coconut oil, use something else. For example a treatment serum or a cleansing oil. Everyone does it in different ways, if you've never done it before I recommend you checking out Lisa Eldridge's video on the subject. Facial massages are so relaxing, give it a try if you've never tried it before!

I don't always use serums. Only when I have blemishes. That is because I don't own any other serums than the Chanel Précision Pureté Idéale Sérum, which is a purifying serum. Seriously though, this is the best thing for impurities ever. I have never used anything like it. I put it on where I have some spots or on up-coming ones and by the next day they're gone. I can't believe this is so unknown in the beauty community.

After one of the three steps above (or if it's a pamper night, all of them) I like to spirtz some Caudalíe Beauty Elixir on my face and use some eye cream. I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye and then I move on to moisturising. For night time I use Soap & Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator and for day time the Soap & Glory 6-in-1 Multiactive Moisture Lotion. I really like the packaging on the day time one. It feels very authentic yet minimalistic.
On my lips I slab on my Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm. It's really thick and perfect for night time.

0 kommentarer:

Powered by Blogger.